Moosewood Restaurant and Ithaca Children’s Garden (ICG) are pleased to announce a partnership for the 2016 growing season, one Read more →
Makes about 1 cup
- 2 or 3 fresh chiles (such as malagueta, tabasco, or habanero), seeded and chopped, or 4 or 5 preserved chiles
- 1 red onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, pressed and minced
- ½cup fresh lemon or lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the ingredients and puree just until a coarse sauce is produced.
- If using a blender, you may have to stop several times and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- To prepare by hand, mince the chiles, onions, and garlic and mix in the lemon juice and salt.
- Let the flavors meld for at least an hour at room temperature or for 3 hours refrigerated. Serve at room temperature.
- This sauce can be kept covered in the refrigerator for 3 days.