Moosewood Restaurant and Ithaca Children’s Garden (ICG) are pleased to announce a partnership for the 2016 growing season, one Read more →
This lively sauce could be considered plenty of excitement for one evening. Heated oil is infused with piquant seasonings to provide a zesty marinade for grilled or roasted foods. A little of this potent hot sauce will perk up almost any dish. Mojo Sauce will keep in the refrigerator in a closed container for 2 to 3 weeks.
Yields 1 3/4 cups
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoons minced or pressed garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh jalapenos
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a heatproof 1-quart bowl, combine the ginger, garlic, and jalapenos.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil just until it begins to smoke. Carefully pour the hot oil over the ingredients in the bowl:
- They will foam when the hot oil hits.
- Whisk in the orange juice, lime juice, and salt.
- Allow the sauce to cool before using.
- For best flavor, marinate foods in the Mojo Sauce for at least 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Additional sauce that was not used for marinating may be served as a hot sauce to
- pass at the table with the meal.