Available in Colors ShownNew Moosewood Caps
This smooth, no-nonsense frosting is perfect on spice cake, carrot cake, zucchini cake, and banana cake. For a buffet or party, serve a platter of chilled ripe strawberries and pineapple chunks on toothpicks and dip first into Cream Cheese Frosting at room temperature and then into toasted coconut, chocolate shavings, finely chopped nuts, or other crunchy coatings. The recipe can be halved for frosting single-layer cakes.
- ¼ cup butter, at room temperature
- 6 ounces Neufchatel or cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure almond, lemon, or orange extract (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or a mixing and blend until completely smooth and fluffy.