Available in Colors ShownNew Moosewood Caps
We serve this very popular drink hot in winter and with ice in warm weather. Spicy, invigorating ginger is esteemed as an aid to good digestion, as an anti-inflammatory agent, and for its warming effect. We make Ginger Orange Tea with freshly squeezed orange and lemon juice.
- 1 rounded tablespoon grated peeled ginger root
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey or Agave syrup
- In a small saucepan, bring the grated ginger and water to almost boiling, then cover and steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Use a fine-meshed strainer to strain the ginger tea, pressing the liquid out of the grated ginger with the back of a spoon.
- Stir together the orange juice, lemon juice, honey, and ginger tea.
- Reheat for a hot beverage or chill and add ice.