Available in Colors ShownNew Moosewood Caps
At the restaurant, we always have a case of avocados ripening, and as soon as they’re perfectly soft and flavorful, they go on the menu—often as this salsa. When we serve it with tortilla chips it’s one of our customers’ favorite appetizers. And it’s a refreshing and colorful way to garnish roti, burritos, frittatas, and other Caribbean or Latin American dishes.
Yields 2 1/2 to 3 cups
- 2 ripe avocados, cubed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup diced bell peppers or cucumbers
- ¼ cup minced red onions or scallions
- ¼ cup lime or lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- In a bowl, stir together all of the ingredients.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes for the flavors to blend.