Moosewood Restaurant and Ithaca Children’s Garden (ICG) are pleased to announce a partnership for the 2016 growing season, one Read more →
Thick Blue Cheese Dressing covers lightly sautéed vegetables to create a satisfying hot open-faced sandwich to be eaten with a fork, napkin at the ready.You can add crumbled blue cheese to the topping
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, in thin diagonal slices
- 3 cups chopped white cabbage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ teaspoons fresh dill (1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 4 thick slices of whole wheat or pumpernickel bread
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Sauté the onions in oil for 1 minute on high heat.
- Add the carrots and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cabbage, salt, and pepper and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the mushrooms and dill.
- Cover, lower the heat to medium, and cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Toast the whole wheat bread.
- On individual plates, ladle the vegetables over toast, top with Blue Cheese Dressing, and serve.