Back by popular demand! Got six minutes to make an incredible chocolate cake?Read more →
When fresh garden tomatoes are abundant, this light Raw Tomato Sauce can be made in a blender in minutes and is delicious with many dishes. Try it with heirloom tomatoes, plentiful in the farmers’ markets.
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- several sprigs of fresh parsley
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- In a blender, whirl all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for later use then bring the sauce back to room temperature for serving.