At last! We’re serving lunch 7 days a week from 11:30 – 3:00 And, starting June 28th, there will be Read more →
Is this really dinner? It is casual, messy finger food, but it has beans, grain, and cheese, it’s quite filling, and kids love it. We like Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Mexican cheeses such asadero and queso quesadilla for this recipe.
- 4 cups corn tortilla chips
- 1 15-ounce can of refried beans
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced canned or fresh chiles, or more to taste (Optional)
- ¼ cup sliced black or green olives
- ½ cup of your favorite salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 6 ounces shredded cheese (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons minced scallions
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Choose a baking dish about 9x13 inches, with 2 inch-high sides.
- Layer all of the ingredients in the baking dish in the order given above.
- If the refried beans are too stiff to easily spoon over the chips, thin them with a little water.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the beans in the center are steaming hot and the cheese is melted and bubbling.