Available in Colors ShownNew Moosewood Caps
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- ¼ tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Wash the asparagus and snap off the tough ends.
- Steam the asparagus or cook them in a small amount of boiling water for 3 to 6 minutes, until bright green and just tender. The cooking time will vary depending on die age and thickness of the spears.
- While the asparagus cook, gently toast the pine nuts.*
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter and the vinegar.
- When the asparagus are ready, drain them and arrange them on a serving platter. Drizzle the butter sauce on top and sprinkle with die toasted pine nuts.
- Serve immediately, and offer salt and pepper at the table.**
*Toast a single layer of raw nuts on an un-oiled baking sheet in an oven or toaster oven at 350° for about 3-4 minutes, checking at 3 minutes to make sure they are not burning.
**Serve as an accompaniment to an omelet or frittata, fish, or a pasta dish.
PER 4OZ SERVING: 93 CALORIES. 3.5 G PROTEIN. 7.6 G FAT. 5.3 G CARBOHYDRATE. 63 MG SODIUM. 16 MG CHOLESTEROL. 78