Back by popular demand! Got six minutes to make an incredible chocolate cake?Read more →
- 4 firm fish fillets, such as scrod, tuna, salmon, or haddock (5-6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, rosemary, tarragon, basil, or dill
- Dash of salt and ground black pepper
- 1½ to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tomato, thickly sliced
- 4 lemon slices or 8 lime slices
- 4 fresh thyme, rosemary, tarragon, basil or dill sprigs
- 4 teaspoons capers (optional)
- Rinse the fish fillets and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- For each fillet, fold a 12×15-inch piece of parchment paper in half to form a 12×7½-inch rectangle and trim the corners to form a half heart shape, the way you would cut a large Valentine heart. Open the parchment on a flat working surface and place a fish fillet to one side of the center fold. Top the fillet with 1½ teaspoons of the chopped basil, ½ teaspoon of the chopped thyme or other herb of your choice, a sprinkling of salt and pepper, and 1 to 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Cover with a slice of tomato, 1 or 2 slices of lemon or lime, and a sprig of the fresh herb of your choice, and sprinkle on a teaspoon of capers, if desired. Fold the parchment over the fish and then, starting at one end and working your way around to the other end, carefully fold the cut edges twice (or three times if you prefer a crimped edge) to form a sealed packet.
- Place the packets on an un-oiled baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes-slightly longer for very thick fillets. The packets will become puffed and golden brown. Avoid the steam as you open a packet to check that the fish is cooked. When the fist flakes easily with a fork, open the packets and serve, or give each diner his own “present” to open at the table. Serve with couscous or rice, vegetables or a simple salad.
PER 7-OZ SERVING: 172 CALORIES, 33.6 G PROTEIN, 1.8 G FAT, 3.7 G CARBOHYDRATES, 3.6 G SATURATED FATTY ACIDS, 8.6 G POLYUNSATURATED FATTY ACIDS, 3.6 G MONOUNSATURATED FATTY ACIDS, 135 MG CHOLESTEROL, 211 MG SODIUM, 5.6 TOTAL DIETARY FIBER.